Friday 14 June 2013

Octan Gas Station

So I've been busy designing some buildings on my computer and hoping to turn them into reality eventually. Let me start with my Octan Gas Station.

Originally I saw a design for one I liked by another AFOL. Me being me, I reversed engineered it and redid it to my specifications while also adding a design I liked from the Lego World convention in Copenhagen, Denmark. This is the creation by Danthaman:



This is my creation:

Currently I have all the parts minus a few white bricks and dark grey tiles on order and will be arriving in the coming weeks. In the second screenshot I decided to change the colour of the bus benches to red. I just may keep the design for bus stops for the whole city. I also modified from a simple tree to one of my designs which is in the next photo.


Forgive the quality of the shots as I do not have a proper studio set up yet. But you can see how I have changed it. I will have to watch out for how the tree interacts with the Gas platform. This is a sample of the trees I will be using for my city. I have completed almost ten of them. I raised the base so as to allow vehicles to pass under it.
 As for the roofing:


With the other pieces slowly coming in my station is going to be shaping up real soon. 

Next update: The Mechanics Garage

No comments:

Post a Comment