Friday 14 June 2013

Brickage City Project

Nov, 2, 2013

I have been having a rethink on what I would like to do for my city. I am thinking I should divide my project into separate stages. In this way I can focus on building sections and the actual buildings. At the moment I haven't been able to realise what stage to build after the initial central area. I need a context I surmise for things to fall into place.

Stage 1 - Central Area

Finishing modular purchases to complete the series.

Market Street - have not committed to build
Cafe Corner - almost complete (building from scratch) Completed
Green Grocer - almost complete (building from scratch) Completed
Palace Cinema - to purchase
Parisian Restaurant - Completed

Octan Gas Station - MOC Completed

Future Sections
Section - Mining District
Section - Public Park
Section - Entertainment and Shopping District (Museum, Bakery, Florist)
Section - Transportation complex (Train, Bus, Metro)
Section - Public buildings
Section - Residential district (houses)
Section  - Industrial district (Storage site and Recycling Centre)
Section - Harbour
Section - Airport

Extra Mini-Figure Citizens

- Forest Fire Fighters x10
- Elite Police Riot Squad x11
- Postal Workers x3
- Fire Chief and Fire Fighters x3
- Miner x 13
- Brick Ex Delivery Service x3
- Crime boss and bodyguards x4
- Dock workers x4
- Train workers x3 and Supervisors x2
- Construction workers x5
- Doctors x2, Nurses x2 and EMS x1
- Criminals x9
- Chefs x2
- Regular cops x2
- Civilians x25

Friday June 14, 2013

My city project I am realizing will be fairly ambitious. For starters I want a downtown core of modular buildings with progression to a neighbourhood. I also would like to put in a Mining District and Harbour. I was even thinking of putting in a highway section.

Obviously the first issue is physical space. For me that means owning my own house (which of course is a whole project all on its own) to have a room dedicated to my collection and building projects.  I have looked at some furniture in different shops but I think for my needs I will have to build something myself. I certainly require display cases...anyhow back onto the topic.

As with every city there are particular buildings within it. I plan on creating or acquiring:

A Museum/Art Gallery - I have the set 60008 Museum Break-In  (I want to expand on it.)
A Park with a fountain - Big or small or multiple I have not completely decided yet...
Traffic lights/Street lights/Fire Hydrants - will show these in a tick
Hospital - which can be done with 4429 but I have not committed to purchasing it yet ($75 CDN that is double the price in Canada compared to UK), perhaps I will make a bigger one.
Monuments - I think I will have a fine example in 60026 Town Square when I get that set
Banks - 3661 Bank and Money Transfer - I like it but will have to make it larger
Pubs - 
University/School - 
Gas Station - MOC awaiting shipments from Bricklink. Have Gas trucks 3180 and 60016 to use.
Hotel - 
Warehouse - which would be in the Harbour district
Grocery store - I am sourcing the parts for 10185 Green Grocer
Restaurants - Parisian Restrauant
Coffee House - I am sourcing the parts for 10182 Cafe Corner
Florist shop - in the process of designing a modular
Apartment block or buildings - 
Library - 
Gym - 
Cinema - I will have to purchase the 10232 Palace Cinema (I really want this one)
Courthouse - 
City Hall/Fire Hall/Grand Emporium/Petshop - 10224, 10197, 10211, and 10218 I have.
Police station/Prison - 7498 I have but a prison would be a nice addition, also saw online a modular police station that looked amazing too...
Factory - 
Mining district - using 4200 x2, 4201, 4202, 4203 x2, and 4204. Currently making new miner minifigs
Power Plant - 
Car Garage - 4207 which I have
Storage site/Recycling centre - 4206 have and I would like to build upon it
Church -
Bus Station - 8404 Bus station - may have to source part this and build upon it.
Metro -
Train Station and Taxi Bay - I have 7937 Train station though I would like to use the old station or my own creation. I do have 7936 which is the rail crossing. I really liked finding that set.
Bakery - 
Book store - 
Convention Centre/Stadium - Brilliant construction by RedCoKid that I have the pdf to create.

The rest of the buildings I will likely create and build. Holy Brickage!

No comments:

Post a Comment